This is my sister Cassie’s banana bread recipe; I made it for the first time this week. Cassie’s critique was that I mashed the bananas too fine – she likes more chunks of banana in the baked loaf. So keep that in mind!
This is a nice, straightforward recipe that turns out delicious every time – or at, least every time I’ve eaten it!
Cassie’s Banana Bread
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup honey (less with more banana)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- With a wooden spoon, mash the bananas (not too smooth) in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix melted butter into the bananas.
- Add sugar, egg, and vanilla into the banana mixture.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the banana mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 4″x8″ loaf pan
- Bake for 40 minutes to one hour.
- Remove from pan and cool; slice to serve.