I often make this from a handful of herbs out of our garden – usually thyme, basil, oregano and sage – though last year my huge, beautiful purple sage died, after three years of flourishing, so this year there’s no sage in my garden. Whatever herbs you use, this salad dressing is a million times tastier than anything you’re going to get in a grocery store.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (or more) of fresh chopped herbs, such as tarragon, oregano, dill, cilantro, sage, basil
- 2 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Whisk together all ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.