These are so good, the first time I made them there were none leftover that evening, and I’ve been making them as a apres-ski snack or as an accompaniment to my Hearty Ham and Bean Soup.
They’re super-quick and super-easy!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet; will make about 16-20 biscuits.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- While biscuits are baking mix melted butter and minced garlic.
- Spoon garlic butter over hot baked biscuits and serve