I’ve been experimenting with a few different flavourful salads over the past few months, and this one is a combination of two different recipes. Turmeric Roasted Vegetables are a nice filling lunch or dinner with a bright colour and an intense flavour. I find it really tasty and filling, especially for lunches. In these cold winter months, it’s nice to eat meals that are packed full of vitamin C and feel fresh and healthy. And Turmeric is so great – it not only adds visual interest and flavour, but is supposedly an anti-inflammatory. While this is a great meal for anyone, it’s also vegan and Whole30 compliant.
When taking it for lunch, I leave the dressing, greens, pomegranate arils, and roasted vegetables separate and assemble it just as I’m about to eat.
For more delicious recipes, click this link!
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
2 yellow bell peppers, cut into bit-sized pieces
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
Greens of your choice – I like spinach
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Prepare vegetables. Toss with turmeric, salt, and olive oil.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange vegetables on parchment in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then use a spoon to toss them. Roast for another 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- While vegetables are roasting, juice the lemon and add to a small jar.
- Mince the garlic and add.
- Add tahini, salt, and cumin to the garlic-lemon mixture.
- Place lid tightly on jar and shake to mix.
- Allow vegetables to cool 5 minutes.
- As you’re about to serve, arrange greens on plate, place vegetables on top.
- Drizzle tahini dressing over the vegetables, then sprinkle pomegranate arils over the dish.